As bloggers, we go through our ups and downs. We meet challenges and we reap some really great rewards along the way! Today I am celebrating because I am honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Read on to learn more about this reward and who I chose to nominate in return!
Sunshine Blogger Award: I’ve Been Nominated!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a nomination given from one blogger to another blogger when they feel that you are “creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.” I was nominated by Lisa Lombardo of The Self Sufficient Home Acre and The New Homesteaders Almanac.
Lisa has been a blogging friend for a few years now and I have really enjoyed her friendship and support! Both of Lisa’s sites are so informative and well written that she has become kind of a mentor to me, as well as a friend. Make sure you check out her sites!
How The Award Works:
First, there are some rules to being nominated and participating in the Sunshine Blogger Award. These rules help spread the “sunshine” and are as follows…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their website.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo (there are many versions!) available.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination.
Lisa’s Questions for Her Nominees:
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
- Who is your biggest cheerleader in life and/or blogging?
- Do you ever get writer’s block and how do you overcome it?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Do you have one bit of advice for new bloggers that you wish you’d known when you started?
- Is there one blogger (or blogging group) who has helped you the most with your blogging questions or problems?
- Where do you feel most creative or inspired to write?
- If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Do you have a favorite frugal or green living tip to share?
- What are your plans for the future (for your blog or life in general)?
- The inspiration for my articles come from everywhere! People I talk to, things I read, ideas that pop into my mind.
- My biggest cheerleader is my fiance, Lance. He has supported me and pushed me when no one else believed in me and I was doubting myself as well!
- I get writer’s block a lot. To solve it, I walk away, do something relaxing and try to come back to it later. Usually, when I come back I am good to start writing again.
- My favorite thing about blogging is the wonderful people I have grown to know and become friends with.
- The best advice I can give is to make a plan, and learn everything you can before you start.
- My own Facebook Group (Natural Living Bloggers Helping Eachother) has been the most supportive and helpful because of all the wonderful members that interact regularly!
- I am most creative when I am in my home office at my desk in front of a window that overlooks the lake on my property.
- If I had the chance I would go to Australia! I love animals and have wanted to go there since I was a kid.
- My favorite outdoor activity is repelling, followed by hiking and gardening.
- The best frugal tip: Don’t spend it unless it is a necessity!
- My plans for the future include: launching a second website in September of 2019, reorganizing my current homesteading site, and turning my 15-acre homestead into a fully working and self-sustaining farm.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
I am so happy to nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Shawna Lance of Homegrown Self Reliance. Shawna has been a blogging friend for a while now and I really enjoy her creativity and perseverance with both her posts and our conversations we have had. She is the go-to for anything self-reliance!
- Candy Kage of Candy’s Farmhouse Pantry. Candy has been a true inspiration when it comes back to doing things like the “old days”. She is also the reason that my recipe box is overflowing! From her wonderful posts on her site to the awesome articles she writes for Capper’s Farmer Magazine, there is always something new to learn from her!
- Valerie Johnstone of Living My Dream Life on the Farm. Valerie is about the only person I know that can seemingly take on a million projects and somehow find a way to complete them all! Her posts are great reads and her photography skills are amazing too!
- Shelle Wells of The Rockin W Homestead. Shelle is my mentor and my friend. Her website has the answers to about anything you want to know it seems. She has been there to support me like no other! She has some of the best information on herbs and dehydrating too!
- Amber Bradshaw of My Homestead Life. Amber was one of the first bloggers I got to know and have always admired her for all she seems to be able to do! From her Facebook Group (Old Paths To New Homesteading) to her books and various other projects she has going on, she definitely spreads the sunshine when you talk with her!
- Tamara Reid of The Reid Homestead. Tamara has been a member of my Facebook group for a while and I have so enjoyed her enthusiasm and eagerness to learn new things! I have watched both her and her website grow and feel she deserves a nomination to this award!
- Chelsea Wells-Barrett of The Green Acre Homestead. Chelsea is a local friend and fellow blogger. I have watched her grow as a blogger over the last year and really am excited to nominate her for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Chelsea always seems so positive and genuine and is always growing and improving her blog!
- Heidi Villegas of The Healing Harvest Homestead. Heidi and I met in a mastermind and she is just a bundle of smiles and knowledge too! She is the herbal guru! Her site is unlike any other when it comes to using herbs on the homestead. Heidi definitely deserves this award for always smiling like the sunshine!
- Frank Pearmain of My Green Terra. Frank is my technical guru when it comes to blogging! However, he always has a fascinating bit of homesteading information to share and is one of the most fascinating men I know, which makes him an awesome nominee for this award!
- Joy Racicot of Beanpost Farmstead. Joy has been a networking and blogger buddy through many collaborations. She is also the mother of a special needs child. Her smiles and enthusiasms bring sunshine into everyone’s day!
- Jason Matyas of Seeds for Generations. Between being a father of 8, running a farm, and the many, many other businesses and sites he runs, Jason still seems to find the time to help anyone in need. He is definitely one of my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Congrats to all of the nominees! I hope you really enjoy being a Sunshine Blogger!!
Thank you for your kind words, AnnMarie! This award is well deserved! Your nominees are all wonderful bloggers too 🙂 It’s hard to pick just 11!
It was an honor to be nominated by you! Thanks so much my friend!