If you’ve recently moved into a new area, consider looking into a residential dumpster rental. Moving into a new home sometimes requires cleaning and discarding old possessions that are no longer wanted. The standard garbage can given out by the local department may not be cut out for the job. Believe it or not, many occasions may require a residential dumpster rental.
What is a Residential Dumpster Rental?
A residential dumpster rental is an act of renting out an extra dumpster for a certain amount of allotted time. Depending on the company, multiple dumpster sizes may be available for rent. It does seem logical that when you think of “necessary services,” your mind doesn’t immediately jump to residential dumpster rental. That’s why we have compiled a list of events that may require this service. Some may even surprise you.
Events that May Require a Residential Dumpster Rental
- Home renovations that make a lot of waste
- Outdoor events
- Construction projects
- Cleaning house
- Storm or natural disaster damage
There is probably a lot more that can be added to this list. These examples are just the big ones that come to mind. In any case, you never really know when an extra place to store waste may be helpful.
The Rental Process
Now that you know what a residential dumpster rental is and why you may need one, it’s best to cover how the process works. If you are considering getting one for an upcoming event or project, rest assured that the process is quite simple.
- The first step is to contact your local waste management company. Be sure to include your desired dumpster size. If you are still determining the size you need, describe your project to the company, and they will work with you to find the right size that suits your needs.
- The company will deliver your rental dumpster to the given location at the agreed-upon time.
- Use it as you need, empty it, call the company, and they will come to pick it up.
The process is pretty straightforward. No fuss, no muss.
A residential dumpster rental is a great way to put your mind at ease if you have a big project or event coming up. Some companies are starting to offer online booking. It’s impressive that a service as simple as residential dumpster rental is making efforts to be more innovative.
Ashley Rodriguez is an administrative analyst and customer service expert at Bins 4 Less, Inc. She has over two years of direct experience in the waste-hauling industry and a lifetime of knowledge from her family’s business. She has refined the customer service experience and helped hundreds of customers find the right dumpster for their projects.