Glass Balustrade helps to support staircases, balconies, etc while developing buildings, homes. Balustrades are made of a variety of materials, such as wood, chrome, iron, stainless steel, and stone.
However, the balustrade has is becoming increasingly popular for its array of benefits. Especially in modern architecture, most people are opting for the frameless glass balustrades.
Top 10 Advantages of Glass Balustrade
Here are few benefits of Glass Balustrades
- It enhances the aesthetic appeal of any building: Glass adds beauty, sophistication, elegance to any home or business. The use of glass balustrade increases the value of any building. The use of glass balustrades adds glamour to the overall look of the property.
- Glass allows bright light: Glass balustrades illuminates the light in a building. Light reflects in the building, allowing better visibility of the surrounding areas. The glass ensures a beautiful view of a pool or a garden Glass allows the home to remain lit beautifully without the help of artificial lighting.
- Hassle-free maintenance: The fact that a frameless glass balustrade is easy to clean and maintain attracts a lot of people to install the same in their homes or office spaces Compared to glass, balustrades made of other materials is cumbersome to clean as they are intricately designed. Use a quality glass cleaner and a wipe, you will get the desired look within minutes. Even if there is minute scratches or other damages, polishing can restore the glass to its original state. It is a major advantage compared to metal, wood or stone balustrades.
- Provides a spacious illusion: Having glass balustrade provides the illusion of more space inside the building. This is true for clear glass balustrade. The area appears larger and more spacious.
- The versatility of design: Glass balustrade offers the versatility of design over other materials. Glass can easily be combined with other materials. Glass is available in many colors, textures, and framing options that widen the versatility of design.
- Durability: There is a common notion that glass is delicate, however, glass is an extremely durable material for construction. Glass is more durable than wood, as wood is prone to pest infestation or corrosion. Glass takes long to age, so the changes are barely noticeable. Hence glass balustrades can last for decades.
- Easy to install: It is easy to install a glass balustrade than installing balustrades made of other materials. Some glasses have options of glass panels and a railing, resulting in quick installation. Glass Balustrade is easier to install compared to wood, iron, or steel balustrades.
- Strong and Safe: With the use of various technologies, glass is made really strong and safe. In fact, it rarely breaks when the glass is thick and tempered. It can withstand extreme structural pressure. Even if the tempered glass breaks, it is safe for children as the shards of glass are not sharp and can be disposed of easily.
- Eco-friendly: Glass is an eco-friendly material to use for the balustrade, as it is recyclable and chemically inert. Hence for home and business, glass is an excellent choice. Glass can be recycled and is thus an eco-friendly choice.
- Modern in look: Glass balustrade is a perfect addition to a modern décor. Its sleek appearance is an excellent counterbalance to the rustic elements that are incorporated in modern décor.
Glass is an excellent choice for any building. The functional and visual benefits of a glass balustrade make it the most preferred choice among most modern builders.
While it might cost you a little more as compared to other materials, it lasts for generations. Glass Balustrade is an excellent option for remodeling or new building constructions. Find a glass balustrade company and enjoy the benefits today!