Every homesteader will appreciate these great getaway ideas for escaping the homestead for a day and enjoying time away.
Not all couples and/or homesteaders have kids. Even the ones that do need a break from time to time for some quality adult time. All of the ideas below are frugal, if not free, ways to share some adult time away from the homestead. Some even let you take your dog!
This post is part of the Escape the Heat Giveaway! At the bottom of this post enter for a chance to win a free E-book to help you plan a free getaway of your own!
Escape to the Local State Park
The local state parks provide so many getaway ideas for couples to escape the summer heat and the stresses of homesteading. No matter what types of activities you enjoy doing together, the state park probably provides an opportunity to take advantage of most of them.
If you prefer water type activities many state parks offer the following options:
- Swimming in the rivers or lakes
- Boat rentals
- White Water Rafting
- Rock Skipping
On land, the state park has even more options. These include:
- Hiking the trails
- Rock Climbing
- Bike Trails
Free Getaway Ideas
If your local state park is not an option, do not be discouraged! Other options are available to spend the day or even a few hours away from the homestead.
Pack a lunch, a picnic basket, or a backpack and head out.
Try some of the following suggestions to get away:
- Take a scenic drive in the country
- Take a scenic drive up a mountain road
- Go Geocaching
- Feed the ducks at a local water hole
- Go to the beach
- Hit up all the local yardsales
- Find a free outdoor concert
- Find free days at the zoo
- Find free days at the museum
- Visit an art exhibit
- Volunteer together
Frugal Getaway Ideas
Have a little money to spend? The following ideas are frugal and fun for couples:
- Go bowling
- Plat miniature golf
- Taste test at a winery
- Attend local events (fairs and festivals)
- Go to a concert
- Play Laser Tag
- Play paintball
- Go to a Pick-Your-Own together
Free and Romantic Getaway Ideas
You may not have all day free and just want to spend a few hours with your significant other somewhere outside the homestead.
These getaway ideas are quick ways to spend some quality time together and still have fun too:
- Take a camera to a scenic spot and just take photos together
- Throw water balloons at each other
- Catch a frisbee
- Lay a blanket in an open area and just cloud watch
- Buy 2 kites and fly them together.
- Wait until dusk and lay on a blanket and watch the sunset
- Have a bonfire
- Do a scavenger hunt where you each hide objects for the other to find
Escape the Heat Giveaway!
Did you find some great getaway ideas to escape your homestead? Then you are going to want to enter the Escape the Heat Giveaway! This giveaway is a great way to enter to win a chance to plan an entire outing for you and/or your family.
You can enter on each bloggers site, so make sure you check them all out!
- The Farm Wife: How to Create the Perfect Portable Summer Fun
- Oak Hill Homestead: How To Enjoy Summer on the Homestead
- Home Grown Self-Reliance: Keep Cool On The Homestead
Enter the giveaway below!
Sign up below for a chance to win a FREE E-book to plan an entire getaway from your homestead and even a $20 USD Gift Card! Make sure you sign up for my Freebie and don’t worry if you are already a subscriber, it just means you will get the freebie and stay on my newsletter list!