Almost every homesteader has a garden of some sort. From a container garden to a full-blown vegetable garden, there are tools and resources you need to have on hand. This is a list of the gardening tools and resources that every homesteader should have ready to go for all their gardening needs.
The Best Gardening Tools For Your Homestead
Can’t Do Without Gardening Tools
These are the gardening tools everyone uses and usually needs. If you buy nothing else, at least get these to get started. They are the normal everyday tools that most homesteaders use regularly. All of them can be found in any local garden center or online. Just make sure to buy high-quality gardening tools. This is not the area to save money and buy cheap because they won’t last long.
- Ideal for a variety of tasks including digging, weeding, loosening soil, aerating, transplanting and more
- Soft, contoured handles are ergonomically designed to reduce hand and wrist fatigue while working
- Curved heads and forked tines make breaking up tough soil easy
- Cast-aluminum heads resist rust for lasting value
- Lifetime warranty
This is a great starter set for small gardening tasks like hand digging and weeding.
- Ideal for cutting green, living growth like tree branches
- Fully hardened, the precision-ground blade stays sharp through heavy use
- Rust-resistant, low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood and prevents it from gumming up with sap and debris
- Length: 28 inches with a cut capacity of 1-1/2 inch thick branch
- These gloves are suitable for most men, women, and teens
- Good quality fully waterproof really comfy quite strong flexible design
- Cut resistant and natural rubber latex aiming to protect your hands
- Please be careful with the other brands. Only NNBB can ensure the quality of the product
- Rogue Hoe line are professional quality tools built from recycled agricultural disc blades
- Designed extremely durable with long-lasting sharp edges
- Very effective for cutting and moving dirt
- The 7 inches wide cut head, sharpened on all three sides (7 x 2 and 3/8 inches)
- The hoe measures 1 and 3/8 inch diameter with a 60-inch handle
- Classic garden tool set includes square point shovel, 24 T steel rake, cultivator, Sidewalk Scraper and forged hoe.
- Shovel: Tempered steel plate makes the shovel sturdy enough. High cost-performance fiberglass handle, it wears well, low weight and not deformation.
- 4 Tine Prong Garden Cultivator/ Refuse Hook with 48” Best Hard Wood Handle.
- 12 gauge Forged Beet Hoe with 48” Best Hard Wood Handle – 7-Inch by 3.5-Inch.
- 24 Tine Spring Brace Rake with 54” Steel Tube Handle Vinyl Coated.
Nice Extra Gardening Tools To Have
The Drill Till gets rid of grown weeds, tills garden soil to prevent weed growth, help with transplanting, and dig holes for new seeds in your beautiful garden. The Drill Till is designed to help with the daily maintenance of your garden without giving you the back pain associated with garden work.
Whether for tilling, weeding, planting or digging, this smart home gardening tool kit is here to make your life easier! Designed for use with a cordless drill, this all-in-one gardening tool allows you to dig holes, plant seeds, remove weeds and roots, till your flower bed or aerate your soil, fast and effortlessly! And the best part? You no longer have to use harmful chemicals!
- NO MORE PAINFUL PRUNING! – If you have a weak grip or hand pain from Arthritis or have other mobility problems but still love to garden, these are for you
- QUICK AND EASY CUTTING! – The unique and effective ratchet mechanism uses leverage to make cuts with a fraction of the effort of conventional pruners
- DEVELOPED BY PROFESSIONAL GARDENERS! – With over 30 years of experience in a family-run nursery, The Gardener’s Friends developed the perfect pruning shears, and this is the result
- PERFECT FOR TRIMMING FLOWERS, TREES, AND SHRUBS — The ratchet system in these pruners can cut things as small as flower blossoms to 1 inch thick branches like a hot knife through butter
- GREAT FOR SENIOR GARDENERS — As we age, things become harder to do; these secateurs have an ergonomic design that makes handling and using them pain-free, safe and simple.
Now you have a good starter list of the gardening tools needed for your homestead. Shop around and try to get the best deal. Don’t just look at price when it comes to gardening tools. Quality matters here because you want your gardening tools to last! You can read The Must-Have Barn Tools next, for other tools you may want to have on your homestead.