Are you preparing to celebrate an upcoming birthday? Hosting a family reunion? Or, looking for a reason to dust off your favorite BBQ recipes? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, it might be time to host your very own garden party.
They are perfect for summer months and cool autumn nights. With proper planning, they can also be incredibly special and memorable. With that in mind, here are some top tips for hosting an amazing garden party.
Host a Garden Party
- While you may have already have an outdoor entertainment space set up within your home, be sure to give it a little make-over ahead of time. For example, you should brush up any leaves and debris and water all of your plants.
- Invest in the best outdoor furniture so that your guests will be relaxed and comfortable throughout their visit. While this may seem like a significant investment for a part alone, know that they are a worthwhile investment and can be used for several years to come.
- No garden party is complete without good food. However, you need to make sure that you’re able to cook it too. You might want to get your hands on a quality new BBQ and grill from BBQguys to get the party started. These products are again long-lasting. This means they’ll be by your side throughout every reunion, birthday and family reunion for years to come. They also give you the perfect excuse to cook more burgers.
If you’re looking to put together an exciting garden party menu but are working within a budget – avoid chain supermarkets. Instead visit local stalls or markets. This way, you can buy fresh ingredients for a fraction of the space. It’s also a great way to support local businesses after a difficult year.
- Prepare your party invites ahead of time. You can take the DIY route or go for pre-made invites that fit the theme. The former lets you personalize each invitation card and create a unique handmade design. On the other hand, the latter lets you save considerable time while still getting to choose a design that fits your aesthetic. Either way, what you choose depends on the time and energy you’re willing to expend on this task.
- Ensure that you cater to the specific dietary requests of every guest so that everyone’s plates (and stomachs) are full throughout the night. For example, you should check ahead of time if any of your guests are vegetarian or vegan.
- Keep the party going into the night by putting together a list of fun games and activities for your guests to play. This is also a great choice if you’re hosting an event where people are meeting each other for the first time. Games are often a great way to break the ice and get the conversation rolling.
- Hang fairy lights throughout your garden to create ambience and ensure that you can still enjoy your garden at night. The right lighting means that you won’t have to take the party indoors (unless the weather changes). Fairy lights also make for an excellent photo backdrop to commemorate your celebrations.
- If you don’t want to spend the entire night going back and two to the kitchen preparing drinks for your guests, why not set up an outdoor bar? You could also set up a series of coolers. These can contain different soft and alcoholic drinks and allow your guests to mix their own cocktails (or mocktails).