Welcome to the Food Forest Resources Page!
On the food forest resources page, you will find links to books, tools, seed sources, and helpful posts all pertaining to planting and maintaining an edible food forest. I update this page as often as I find new and cool stuff to help you along your journey so make sure you check back often!
On to the Food Forest Resources…
Books for the Food Forest:
These books are ones that I have either read or physically have in my collection. A search on Amazon or in the Kindle section should provide even more possibilities. Your local library and/or agricultural center should also have recommended books.
If you have any suggestions for additions to this list please feel free to let me know on my Contact Page.
The Food Forest Handbook: Design and Manage a Home-Scale Perennial Polyculture Garden: a practical manual for the design and management of a home-scale perennial polyculture garden.
Creating a Forest Garden: Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops: The how and why to grow edible crops, how to maintain the food forest, and 100 edibles with details on how to plant and care for them.
Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture: Extensively revised and expanded second edition broadens the reach and depth of the permaculture approach for urban and suburban growers.
Secret Garden of Survival: How to Grow a Camouflaged Food- Forest: How to grow food disguised as overgrown underbrush, so nobody knows you have food growing there!
Growing a Permaculture Food Forest: How to Create a Garden Ecosystem You Only Plant Once But Can Harvest for Years: How to grow a low-maintenance, natural, sustainable garden.
Tools for the Food Forest:
These are some of the most common tools used when maintaining an edible food forest. There may be many other tools you will eventually use. Don’t try to purchase everything at once. Just start with the basics and then purchase the rest as needed.
- Hooyman Machete with Heavy Duty Construction, Ergonomic No-Slip Handle and Belt Sheath for Gardening, Land Management, Bushcraft, Hunting, and Outdoor
- Mary’s Heirloom Seeds
- Bakers Creek Seeds
- Annie’s Heirloom Seeds
- Seeds for Generations
- Heirloom Seeds
- Seed Savers
- Johnny’s Seeds
Articles Specific to Food Foresting:
- How To Establish A Food Forest Easily
- Most Popular Options For Food Forest Perennials
- Create a Food Forest Permaculture
- Create a Food Forest Step by Step Guide
- What is a Food Forest?
- Quit Working So Hard: Plant A Food Forest Instead
Helpful Gardening Articles:
- How To Test And Amend Your Garden Soil by Shawna at Home Grown Self Reliance
- Choosing Garden Seeds by Shawna at Home Grown Self Reliance
- How To Grow Loose Leaf Lettuce in Your Backyard by Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead
- How To Store Seeds For Best Germination Rate Next Year by Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead
- Gardening With Bees by Julie at The Farm Wife
- Nutrition in the Garden by Julie at The Farm Wife
- How To Get Started With Vermicomposting by Annie at 15 Acre Homestead
- Surefire Ways To Attract Wildlife To Your Garden also by yours truly