The idea of double glazed windows is used for two panes of windows instead of just one. The problem with single glazed windows is that it loses a lot of energy. The drafts that are present in the windows make the home uncomfortable. This is because the air descends toward the floor.
The movement pattern disrupts the heat and makes the person feel drafty. The glass temperature affects the comfort of the people living in the house. The double-glazed windows, on the other hand, prevent the unwanted heat coming from the outside.
Benefits of Double Glazed Energy Efficient Windows
Double Glazed Windows Are Energy Efficient
The double glazed energy efficient windows are the ones that are the most preferred by the homeowners. This is because it creates almost twice the insulation that is delivered by the single glazed units.
Since the windows can retain the heat, it makes these windows more energy efficient. The energy that is used to cool down or heat up the space is quite less. These windows help the warm air to remain inside the house. The cool air is sent out. Ask a professional about installing these types of windows and doors in your home.
These Windows Reduce Condensation
The level of water molecules that is present in the air causes condensation. When the warm air inside meets the cold air from outside, condensation takes place. The people from inside the house can make the adjustments of temperature with double glazed energy-efficient windows.
Therefore, the need to overcompensate the entry of air during both the summer and winter months is absolutely eliminated. Thus, there is a reduction in condensation. This also reduces the unhealthy formation of molds and mosses.
You Can Fit Double Glazed Windows Yourself
If you are an avid DIYer and have some experience with power tools and general building, you may be able to fit your own double glazed windows. This is especially the case if you are replacing single glazed windows as you only need to measure up the space already there. You can purchase uPVC supply only windows, online with most companies having an online builder to help you get a quick quote.
Installing your own windows is a great way to save money as it cuts out the middle man, but it’s only advised if you feel confident doing it. There are, however, many homeowners who go down the DIY route, and lot’s of useful online resources to help you with your installation.
Specific Benefits of The Energy Efficient Windows
- The double glazed energy efficient windows are the ideal choice for homes as they are the best form of insulation. There is only 50 – 70% of heat loss through these windows. They help to capture a very high percentage of natural heat from the sun.
- These windows help to keep the home cool in summer. They trap only certain rays of the sun and minimize the heat production inside the rooms.
- Homeowners are able to reduce the use of energy with the installation of double glazed windows. Thus, you will be able to save on utility bills every month. This will help in the conservation of energy. The outside noise is prevented to enter by these windows. Because of which home becomes calmer and much quieter.
- The resale value of your home is enhanced with these windows. The buyer will be happy to live in a house that has energy efficient windows knowing the benefits.
- The interior fading is reduced to a great extent due to the installation of double glazed energy-efficient windows. The damaging effects of UV rays of the sun will affect the drapes, carpets, and the furniture of the house. The double glazing protects your home from these harmful rays.
- These windows are great protection against intruders. Hence, they are very safe and secured. The intruders will find it quite difficult to enter your house by breaking through the glass, more if you have a laminated and toughened glass.
Double glazed windows have two sheets of glass with a gap in between. This creates an insulator barrier and keeps the heat in. This may be sometimes filled with gas. These are therefore energy efficient as it helps to reduce the carbon footprint as well as the energy bills. Hence it always advisable to install these windows with the help of trained professionals.