Custom made air filters can be found through almost any home good store or private business that sells air filters that you can make customizable to fit your home’s needs.
When picking this type of filter it is important to get the correct one for your home or office. There are many things to consider. Plus, there are many added benefits to purchasing these air filters besides just buying the regular ones that you throw away after each use.
Let’s take a deeper look into why purchasing custom-made air filters is the way to go. Especially when it comes to filtering the air in your home or office. Then to be choosing the best one for your space needs.
What to Consider Why Purchasing a Custom-Made Air Filter
There are a few things to consider when you purchase your custom-made air filter to get the best filtration possible for your home or office.
When you do not have a properly sized air filter for your home or office, you are not getting the best filtration of the air. This is because if your air filter is too small. The air that is going out of it will not be getting filtered because the filter does not fit correctly.
Therefore, it is essential to measure your vent to know the exact measurements you need. This way you get the right air filter for your home or office.
You can also look at the measurements on the existing air filter to get the correct measurements. Just be sure that the old filter fits perfectly in the vent to ensure that it is the right size.
Minimum Efficient Reporting Value (MERV) is given by The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers. The ratings are provided to give an idea of how effective your air filter is under the least favorable conditions.
When choosing a custom-made air filter is essential to consider MERV so you select the filter that will filter the air for what you need to be filtered.
There are 16 different MERV ratings:
- MERV 13 to 16 helps control airborne bacteria, tobacco smoke, and pollutants from sneezing. These filters work great for smoking lounges, surgery suits, and commercial buildings since so many people frequent them, and the contaminants that these filters control are primarily in these types of spaces.
- MERV 9 10 12 helps control humidifier dust, lead dust, emissions from vehicles, and fumes from welding. These filters are great for residences with excellent HVAC systems, hospital labs, automotive centers, and manufacturer and commercial buildings.
- MERV 5 to 8 filters help control mold, hair spray, dust, and bacteria. These filters are great for commercial buildings, standard residences, and paint booths. MERV 8 filters have 90% efficiency on particles ranging from 3 to 10 micrometers.
- MERV 1 to 4 filters help control larger particles like sanding dust, dust from spray paint, and lint and carpet particles. These filters are good in residences (although not ideal) and window air conditioning units.
As you can see, depending on the type particles you are trying to eliminate from your air you can choose which type of filter is best for you or your business.
Essentially, these are the two things you should consider when choosing a custom-made air filter for your home. Considering these two things should give you the best results for your home or office.
Benefits of Custom-Made Air Filters
There are some benefits to purchasing custom-made air filters that make buying them for your home or office worth it.
- If you choose a reusable custom-made air filter, you are helping to save the environment by not piling up the landfills. Reusable air filters can be adequately washed and reused time and time again. This makes them less costly to you and more beneficial to the planet.
- If you choose disposable custom-made air filters, they can last anywhere from three to five months. This is much longer than some other air filters and can save you on costs, too.
- When you choose custom-made air filters, the filtration is tailored to the type of debris you need to get rid of. This keeps your family, employees, and customers safer.
- When you choose custom-made air filters, you get the correct size to fit your vent. This ensures that you will get the proper filtration needed.
Purchasing custom-made air filters is the right choice when you want safe air and a healthy environment.