There is so much joy in exchanging gifts with loved ones and friends at Christmas time. We shop and shop in order to find the perfect gifts for our human friends, but what about our homestead animals? Have you considered giving gifts to them? They may not say “Thank You” but I bet they will appreciate it! Consider a Luxury Pet Salon for your pets!
The biggest question would be what exactly would you even give an animal as a gift? It depends upon the animal. A dog may love a squeaky toy, but a cow would have no idea what it is. (unless you are Julie Murphree, of The Farm Wife, whose cow ‘Elvis’, loved beach balls!) Each gift should be tailored to the species. With that in mind here is a Christmas shopping list for your homestead animals.
18 Wonderful And Simple Gifts For Homestead Animals
Christmas Gifts for our Canine Companions
Our animals are more than just pets. Most are considered part of the family. Pamper them just as you would anyone else on your Christmas list. If you have a small dog that gets cold easily, they may appreciate a sweater. Most dogs just love a squeaky toy or a rawhide treat. However, why not try one of the gifts below for a new way to pamper your canine friend this Christmas.
- Groovy Gifts and Groceries New Puppy and Small Dog Gift Box: A wide variety of treats, perfect for small dogs and puppies!
- Ultimate Pawprint Keepsake Kit: A complete kit to transform your dog’s pawprint into a keepsake ornament you will treasure even after they cross the rainbow bridge.
- Christmas Stocking: Don’t let your children be the only ones whose stocking is hung by the chimney with care. Why not let your pup wake up Christmas Morning to his own stocking?
Christmas Gifts for Cats – They are Homestead Animals Too
Rarely considered a ‘homestead’ animal, cats actually work for their room and board. They make excellent mousers! Tell them ‘Thank You’ for their hard work with Christmas gifts all their own.
- Amazon Basics Cat Scratching Post: Your feline friends will love this addition to their home!
- Youngever Cat Toys Assortment: Perfect set of toys every cat will love.
- Cat Toys Collection Gift Box: Perfect for the cat owner who wants a more “natural” gift for their cats!
Christmas Gifts for Horses
It’s not just dogs and cats that deserve a gift at Christmas. Too often we forget about our pastured family members. Indulge them with some of these gifts designed just for them.
- Jolly Pets Teaser Ball: Although originally designed for dogs, horses love this teaser ball too. Treat your horse to this ‘ball within a ball’ and let them have some fun!
- Derby’s Originals Comfort Kit: Even horses love a good spa day. Why not pamper your horse a bit and allow them to look their best? (Available in many different colors)
- Mrs. Pastures Christmas Stocking: Horses need stocking too right? Let Santa hang this one in their stall!
Christmas Gifts for Goats
Goats are one of the most loving giving creatures. Love them back with a few of these goat-friendly gifts!
- Himalayan Salt Block: All-natural salt block with no additives. (Available in all sizes)
Grooming Kit: Did the horses get a spa day? Don’t leave the goats out! Make your goat look amazing for Christmas and afterward!
Christmas Gifts for Cows
Most cows are gentle souls. They are always there to listen and to offer unconditional love. Return the favor with some of these great gifts!
- Weaver Leather Livestock Cattle Fly Mask: Flies are one of the most irritating pests a cow can deal with. Get this great mask to keep those flies off their eyes!
- Ranch Hand Cattle Cubes: For cow lovers, this is often referred to as ‘cow candy’. Treat your cow with the bovine version of a box of chocolates!
- Fiebing’s Udder Balm: Winter, laying on the ground and daily milking can dry out a cow’s udder. Give them some relief with a jar of Udder Balm.
Christmas Gifts for Chickens
Got a flock of chickens? Individual gifts may be difficult to do. Just present your entire flock with a gift that can be shared!
- Ware Peck N Play Chicken Ball Toy: Give your chickens hours of entertainment with this toy!
- KayTee Mealworms: How about some great treats for your flock? Not only are they delicious, but full of needed protein as well!
- Manna Pro Garden Delight Poultry Treats: This is the perfect gift to add a bit of flavor to their otherwise normal scratch grain. This includes thyme and oregano, which is a great immune booster for your feathered friends.
Final Thoughts on Gifts for your Homestead Animals
This year, instead of splurging on just your family and friends at Christmas, why not treat your homestead animals with gifts designed specifically for them. Although they may not tell you ‘Thank You’ in words, I know they will appreciate getting gifts from ‘Santa’!