15 Acre Homestead is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This post may contain affiliate links.
I am very proud to say that I have received a Liebster Award Nomination by Oscoey. Oscoey is written by a stay at home mom of three kids and her blog includes recipes, stories about her family, some fabric crafts and even gardening articles. I love her gluten-free, dairy-free Banana Bread recipe! I love reading her articles and look forward to her future posts!
Thanks so much! What a thoughtful gesture!I was completely blown away to receive the email that stated my blog was nominated. I have worked so hard on both my blog and at my homestead, so for someone to recognize and nominate it means a lot to me! My blog is only about 6 months old but the responses and following I have received are already more than I could have hoped for!
What is the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers to help promote their awareness. It was started in 2011. Liebster is a German word that means beloved, dearest, or sweetheart. It was originally given to bloggers with less than 2000 followers but has recently been updated to blogs with around 200 or so followers. You can go to The Official Rules of the Liebster Award page for complete details.
My Favorite Blog
My all time favorite blog is Common Sense Homesteading. It was the first homesteading website that I found years ago and has been a true inspiration to me since I started my homesteading journey. Laurie explains things so everyone can enjoy her posts. It is a self-reliant site that covers everything a homesteader could want to learn about! Check them out!
10 Random Facts About Me
I had to really think about these!
- I love spiders as long as they are dead or in another state!
- It’s the single life for this chic!
- My favorite color is Red.
- I’ve wanted a mini pig my whole life.
- The nail polish on my toes is often half worn off and I don’t repaint them nearly enough!
- I am afraid of heights, but zip lining is on my bucket list.
- If your looking for me, I’m probably outside working on my homestead and covered in dirt from head to toe.
- I quickly become the life of the party and the one that makes everyone laugh.
- My 2 favorite things in life are kids and animals.
- I would like to write a book about my personal life one day.
My Liebster Award Nominations
- Country Acres Homestead
- Piwakawaka Valley
- Simply Living the Dream
- Simple Living Country Gal
- MrAnimal Farm
What to do if You Receive a Liebster Award Nomination
If you have received a Liebster Award nomination and YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which the following should be done.
- Thank the person that nominated you and post a link to their blog.Try to include a small promotion for their blog who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will thank you as well.
- Display the award on your blog-by including it in your blog post and/or displaying it by using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (For a complete list of available images go here.)
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favorite blog. Explain why you like it and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. This is optional but engages your readers.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 200 followers. (Note: you can always ask the blog owner since not all blogs display a widget that lets the reader know this information.)
- Answer all 11 questions asked and ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
Questions I Was Asked
1. If you drink coffee how do you like it?
I drink Breakfast Blend coffee in the morning only with French Vanilla creamer and 2 Tsp of sugar.
2. Would you rather be able to fly or breathe under water?
I would rather fly so I can take off whenever I want and go wherever I choose.
3. What is your favorite fruit?
My favorite fruit is a pomegranate or a mango.
4. What is your ideal cheap vacation?
My ideal cheap vacation involves anywhere that has sand, palm trees, Mai Tais, and the ocean.
5. What is your favorite grocery store?
I absolutely love Whole Foods!
6. Would you rather have a flower garden or a vegetable garden?
I couldn’t choose between the two gardens. I prefer a mixture of both!
7. What do you do when you first wake up in the morning?
When I wake up in the morning I grab a cup of coffee and breathe for 15 minutes while I plan out my tasks for the day.
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I own 42 pairs of shoes! After all, don’t most women?
9. What is your favorite way to cool off in the summer?
My favorite way to cool off is running in the sprinklers with my grandsons or jumping in my pool.
10. Are you into camping or glamping?
I’ll take a tent in the woods any day!
11. What is a favorite childhood memory?
My favorite memory from being a child was spending the summers in Virginia with my cousins.
My 11 Questions
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- Do you have a hobby?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is one thing on your bucket list?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What made you want to start homesteading?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite part of homesteading?
- What is your biggest challenge at homesteading?
- Do you have children? How many?
- What is a big goal you have set for yourself?
Thanks again to Oscoey for giving me a Liebster Award nomination! It was a lot of fun to do this! If you receive a Liebster Award nomination simply follow the directions above!
If you want to learn more about me go here.